Thursday, July 30, 2009

I have a small apartment, what's the best small dog i should get?


Answers:
A Yorkie or Shih-Tzu
A large one that does not come with a bloodlust. Big dogs are calmer and easier to care for.
get a Yorkie. they can be rather hyper at times,but research has shown that they are much easier to train.
We have always had toy poodles. They don't shed, but you have to have them trimmed.
I am partial to cairn terriers. They are small and smart. It is the same exact breed as Toto from the Wizard Of Oz.
A poodle, chihuahua, maltese, shih-tzu, the list is endless. The only small dog I would NOT recommend is a jack russel terrior, as these little guys are cute but extremely rambunctious and can be little terrors! Trust me- I had one. I have a malte-poo (maltese poodle) and she is the sweetest dog you could possibly own. They are calm, loving, and enjoy cuddling and attention. They are protective and always on guard. I wish you luck in finding a dog that would be a good match for you. You could try going to your local animal shelter and looking around. It is hard to choose because there are so many sad-eyed animals there, all shouting inside, "Take me home!" I hope this helps! ;-)
If you have a small apartment you don't need a large dog. I think a Bichon would be a good one as they are kind of small, they aren't really loud or yappy, and they don't shed.
We currently have a Shetland Sheepdog (Sheltie) and she is wonderful. They aren't a tiny dog and can get up to 30 lbs., but she is very smart and easily house trained. The only thing that you have to be faithful about is brushing and combing of their coat or be willing to take them to a groomer every once in awhile.
The perfect apartment dog is a pug. They are great pets and don't mind not having acres to run.
a Bichon.
Try a chihuahua. Most people think they bark too much, however they all have different personalities. I have a long-haired chihuahua who only barks when she's around other dogs.. I love her! You should try one.
buy a small lab!he/she will lov yu 4ever!!!
Get a basset hound.
I think it's best to get a rescue, personally. Even if it's a particular breed, there are so many rescues devoted to specific breeds. I have 2 Chinese Crested dogs in a small apartment, and they are perfect! I also think Greyhounds (even though they are not small) make wonderful apartment dogs. They are so calm inside, they are couch potatoes! You just have to take them on a few walks every day, or to a dog run. Good luck in choosing a new family member!
I have a crested as well they are a great little dog but require extra grooming mine is young and very energetic, much more so than my greyhounds

If I had to move into an apartment though, my first choice would be the greyhound
A Bichon. They are the cutest and best. They say bichons have the personality of a golden retriever. I've had mine for 9 years, and I love her. I also have a german shepherd (18 months old), so the bichon (Jacki) is like the mother of Ava, the gs. I completely think it's a bichon. I think mine was
$450.00, so they can get up there in price. Good luck.
Bijon poodles are small, and have quite a good temperment. Chihuahuas and yorkshires are tiny little dogs too, but yorkies yap CONSTANTLY- always barking. And chihuahuas can be a little shy and they shiver often, I've noticed.
not a pomeranian they will bark and run around like crazy if you have time to exercsie it then you should get an australuian shepard i have one and she is just a really laid back dog she would rather cuddle than play
I have a Shih Tzu
She does not bark alot
She makes a lot of noice, but not loud ones
She can be train to go potty on a training pad
That means you do not have to take them out when it's cold or raining
For an ampartment, I would look into an ShihTZu
Small dogs need room too.. especially terriers that are very hyper. You are best to get a dog that doesn't require a lot of exercising. Try a pug or a maltese.

No comments:

Post a Comment