Thursday, July 30, 2009

I have decided on a 2nd dog...?

I was going to get a female, but since I already have a female, I was advised to get a male. They're Yorkies. My question is about having a male dog inside marking his territory. Do they still do this when they're neutered? I've had male dogs before, but they were outdoor dogs. I attend Yorkie groups and there are a few males that lift their leg on EVERYTHING, I'm hoping it's because they're not neutered and not a breed behavior. Anyone have issues with little boys in the house???
Answers:
why were you advised to get a male? i have two female dogs and they are like best friends.
If you have them neutered as young as your vet will do it (it can be done as soon as both testicles are decended or your vet feels one won;t decend) then he probably would not.

I have 4 Chihuahua's. 3 are males. None lift their legs in the house, but they were all neutered before sexual maturity. My youngest is 4 months and he will be neutered in a few weeks.
make sure the dogs get along well, and i hope you have a good financial report
Personally it doesn't matter if you get a female or a male. The only time it would matter is if they aren't spade or neutered. I have two females myself, and my sister has two males.

Some dogs do mark everything and some don't. My sister's two males one marks his territory only outside and the other one doesn't care to mark his territory and once again they are both neutered males.

Get what you want and spade or neuter it no matter what!
Both my males are neutered and still mark. My females are best friends, but its up to you.
Male and female combinations generally do get along better than same sex combinations although same sex combos can get along very well.

Male dogs won't mark inside if you do not allow it. Neutered males will still mark, but not as persistently as intact males.

No comments:

Post a Comment