Friday, July 31, 2009

I how can i stop my dog from peeing inside the house.?

i got my dog when he was 2yrs. He is a black pomeranian and he is always peeing inside the house, the bad part is my house is all white we had to change the carpet because it was that bad and now is starting to mess up the new tile we installed. Please someone help
Answers:
I had the same problem when I adopted a male neutered pom. He marked on table legs, laundry baskets, etc. I finally bought some belly bands and made him wear them when I couldn't watch him. I bought four of them so I could keep changing and washing them regularly. He only had to wear them a couple of weeks, and then he stopped marking in the house. You can get them at just about any pet supply store such as Petsmart, Petco, or do an online search. They worked for us.
Have you tried on working a little harder at the potty training? Maybe the dog has issues or a health problem. If the dog is persisting in doing this, I would consider getting him checked out to make sure there isn't a bladder infection. Good Luck
I haven't figured that one out yet either, I am considering a tone/shock collar. What I've learned about those are you can only use it if you catch them in the act. If you do it after the fact they don't understand why there being zapped (so to speak)

At least you have a little dog making little puddles, I have a male Rott who is making small pools at the bottom of anything he can lift his leg up on :o(
ammonia
well just shove his nose in it and then tell him NO.
Try to housebreak your dog. Don't punish it but teach with a gift called treats. If he makes a mistake than correct it calmly. That should work well. If not got to this link. see the Housebreaking word and beside it click video. It shoud give you a new window with a video in it and watch the video to learn more.
Click this: http://us.iams.com/iams/en_us/jsp/smart_...

Before that click the blue bone collar that says Training tools and then see the Housebreaking word, and beside it click video. It shoud give you a new window with a video in it and watch the video to learn more.
Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment