Thursday, July 30, 2009

I have a stray dog and it is not getting familiar with us!! What to do?? PLs help Freinds....?

hello
I am an animal lover and my pet is a stray dog and it is with me from past 2 yrs but, still it is not getting habituated with us
that means he is not even allow us put the chain and not allow us to touching/bathing. I am posting my problem directly to u all becoz i need soon solution. Please help me!! What to do?
Answers:
hmmm sounds like a tough problem. this dog was probably abused and neglected before you took him in. this could cause a dog to fear humans. you have seriously delt with this problem for two years??? you could always ask some trainers or obedience schools/teachers if they could help you get this dog to trust you... im not sure what else you could try since he has been like this for two years...
in time it will adapt
what?? you are trying to tell us you have had a dog for 2 years that you cannot touch?
umm call the dog whisperer lol
if he or she has a name tage call the aspcea and get it back to the home safly
Hire a trainer or behaviorist. Though you may love animals, there's something that you are doing that is simply not getting that message across to the dog.
What chain are you trying to put on the dog? I don't understand. Do you mean leash?
Sounds like your stray was an abused drop off that no one wanted. It may be years and years before it finally adapts to you. I had a "rescue" that never completely got comfortable even after 10 years she wouldn't let me put her on a leash outside unless I was right with her and bathing was a nightmare until the week before she passed on.
Thank you for caring enough to give it a good life but only time will tell if it will ever become comfortable.
It is a wild dog. If an animal was born in the wild and it goes for some time without ever knowing a human or getting close to a human, then it will never trust a human. If it has puppies, the puppies will like you and bond with you because they've trusted you since birth. However, the dog you have, it will never be a pet.
I suggest that you treat it with respect and give your dog it's space. Spend time with it but don't force yourself upon it. In time, it might become your friend, but it will never be your pet.

No comments:

Post a Comment