Friday, July 31, 2009

I have lost my dogs papers is their any way I can get another set of papers?

I have a long haired chihuahua, I've had him for 8 years and was looking into pet insurance but I can't find his papers. I don't know if i really need them but would like to know if it is possible to get another set. I live in N.C. I got the dog in S.C. I would really appreciate any advice. Thank you Lynette
Answers:
if it is AKC do the following:

Write a letter to AKC stating that you lost the papers...you will have to get ahold of the breeders to get the breeder's littler # and the AKC # of the parents.after you get that information type all of that in the letter with all the information you can about the litter...

Include a check for $15.00 and within a month you will recieve the puppy papers of your dog.

If you already registered the dog then give them all the information you can about the dog including if you remember the registered name/ dob/ coloring/ etc

Also you can call AKC to get more information or go to their website at AKC.org
If your dog is registered with AKC you can get another set of papers through them. Just go to www.akc.org and they will have a link for you. They also have a number you can call. All you will need is the dogs registered name and your info. You do have to prove you own the dog but that's easy.

Oh you shouldn't need them to buy insurance.

Good luck.
Most pet insurance companies do not need registration papers since they cover all dogs, not just those registered with the AKC.

I would first try to contact the AKC and also contact the breeder they may also help.

2 comments: