Thursday, July 30, 2009

I have an 8 week Yorki-Poo. He has had his first round of shots. Why is he throwing up yellow filmy stuff?

He has only thrown up once today and once Friday night but it has concerned me. I am taking him to the vet this coming Friday to get his second round of shots... Do you think that I am waiting to long to get him checked out? I got him last Sunday and he seems to be eating fine.
Answers:
I would phone the vet and ask them about it before having the next ones done.

Good Luck!
I would call the Vet as soon as possible just to be on the safe side. I got a puppy a few years ago, but the 2nd day i had him, he started throwing up. The next day he started having diarrhea. I took him to the vet and he had parvo. They did all they could do but the little guy didn't make. I later found that the entire litter had died. Hopefully this isn't the case for you.. But if found soon enough, the better chance he has. Good Luck!
If he vomits anymore in the next day or so, I would take him in before friday. As long as he is still eating, drinking, and acting normal, and not vomitting anymore he should be fine to wait to mention it to the vet on friday.BUT, if the vomitting continues or he starts acting lethargic, loses his appetite, or anything else to concern you, make an early trip. These little guys can go downhill quickly.
The medicine may have upset its stomach. But I would either call the vet or go there asap just to be sure there is no real big issue. Good luck hun!

No comments:

Post a Comment