Thursday, July 30, 2009

I have had my chihuahua for 3 &1/2 years and a couple days ago he started shaking bad!this is not normal 4 him

His shaking isnt because he is happy sad or excited ect. he has been shaking for about 3 or 4 days. he shakes all day. besides his shaking he act normal. but it scares me because i dont know what is wrong with him.(if there is something).
Answers:
take him to the vet. he could have eaten something poisonous or be sick.
My dog shakes. Really bad. He has diabetes, followed by a long list of other problems. Have your dog checked.
call the vet. could be something serious.
You need to take your dog to the vet for a proper diagnosis. If this has been occurring for 3-4 days, why haven't you taken him already??
Probably not. I am no expert, but I reccomend that you take him to a veterinarian.
I have two Chi's. They both shake and shake and shake. LOL. It is part of them. If you think something is really wrong with him I would contact your vet and see what they say. Normally that is the norm for a Chi. I would be surprised to meet one that does not shake. Mine even cry. LOL.
Shaking badly for short periods of time (like 3 - 5 minutes) could be seizures, but if he's shaking all the time I would think it would be something like diabetes or maybe he's losing strength. Is he losing weight at all? Cuz that could tell you what might be wrong with him.
Did you spray any insectisides inside your house? Take him to the Vet. he must have worms problem too.
Chihuahuas will shake because they are happy, afraid, cold or anxious.
Shaking in dogs that can't be attributed to anything normal is usually a sign of pain. You need to have this dog evaluated by your vet to discover if there is any medical reason for this recent behavior.
Sometimes, a lot of Chihuahuas shake. My grandpa has one and he constantly shakes.
you need to take him to the vet. only a vet that can observe him can really determan whats wrong with him. yahoo can only cause fear and confusion
Take him to the vet ASAP! This could be serious! It culd be sick, could have poison, etc. Maybe even a seizure!!! GO!!
Take your dog to the vet, it could be serious, especially if its been going on for 3-4 days.
I would take him to the vet. He could have borderline hypoglycemia which can be fatal.

If the sugar gets too low they can shake just like a diabetic. If they eat a little the sugar will go back up some, but if they don;t eat soon enough again it can start over. If the sugar gets too low then they can have seizures and die. It can happen very quickly.

Hypoglycemia kills thousands of toy dogs a year. Mainy Chi's and Yorkies, yet I am so surprised so few Chi and Yorkie owners on PetQnA.com know anything at all about the condition.

The breeder of my 4 will not let anyone take a pup until they have read his article he has written on hypoglycemia and he even makes them answer questions on it too! All breeders should do this.
if it has been cold lately and rainy and its been outside for a little bit it is just cold from the weather. happened to my dog dog before
I have a chi/terrior and he shakes really bad when my boyfriend (our puppy's daddy) scolds him. And he'll just shake and shake and shake no matter what you do. I think its in their jean to be nervous. The only thing that calms him down is when my boyfriend holds and craddles him and tells him he'z sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment