Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I have a question about a Chihuahua?

I have a Chilhuahua who pees all the time, you take him outside and he will pee on everything but then I bring him in the house and he pees on the floor. I have notice he drinks alot more water then he used to. I took him to the vet and they said to change his diet and I did that but see no results. Any advice on this one!
Answers:
Do you live in a warm, dry environment? This may increase his need for water. I would increase the exercise also. I walk my Chihuahua about a quarter mile every morning and evening. It will help with eliminations. I would take him to another vet also for a second opinion. Increased thirst is a sign of sickness sometimes. My chihuahua at 3 months old can hold it all night. Also is he a male intakes? He might be marking. My final guess is on top of the water he drinks what food do you feed him? If you feed him moist or canned food that is all the more moisture in his diet, and the treats you give him what is the sodium level? Does he get treats like potato chips or popcorn that is high in sodium? That is all I can think of, hope some info on here helps!!
dont give him alot of water..think about how small his stomic is and think how small his bladder is..and take him on long walks he will pee more often
get a new dog
he may be drinking a lot of water because he is dehydrated you could try mixing some pedialyte with his water i do it for my dog and she stays well dehydrated all year long you could try unflavored or flavored you should post how old or young the dog is that might help get a variety or a better answer.
boys pee. especially boys with other boys, then you have piss wars. it's natural for small dog to urinate more frequently then larger dogs.
I have a male chihuahua who loves to mark his place. It's what he does, he keeps trying to mark his place even when he's run out of urine. Don't ever pick up his water, I would add some pedialyte like what was recommended, perhaps especially if you live in a warm climate he is a little dehydrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment