Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I have a new baby and now a jeaulous dog? How can I help my dog?

I'm a new mom a beautiful baby girl. She is now 6 weeks old. From the time I have brought her home my old baby has been jealous (a 6 year old pug.)I can't get her stop peeing on the floor. She hasn't done this since she was a pup. I love her to death and getting rid of her is really not an option. I just need to start over with her I think? Any advice?
Answers:
Again, crate training refresher course. I was worried that the Pug was attacking the baby when I read the header. You can work this out. Try to give your pug more attention when the baby is sleeping. Don't leave them alone together.

Babies can be very upsetting to older dogs, especially females. Crying can make them nervous. We don't have any babies in our home, but my females get upset about my neighbor's crying newborn.
rub her nose in it %26 spray her w/ a spray bottle %26 then stick her outside
A refresher crate training is a great idea. Also take a look at the attached article for ways to help your dog adjust.

No comments:

Post a Comment