Monday, May 24, 2010

I need some answer for this question. my dog is trained but when i leave he always eats my sons diapers.?


Answers:
Because they're tasty!

Seriously they will eat diapers and other sanitary products, like pink "mice". You really have to take it out to the trash can or secure the waste baskets. I have Bloodhounds that are major dumpster divers.
You should put bitter apple or a very spicy barbaqu sauce on it before you leave.
He probably likes the way they smell. The only thing to stop that is to throw away the diapers before you go out.
Try tabasco sauce. It won't hurt him but it will make him think twice before eating another diaper. If you're opposed to this idea, get a sturdier trashcan with a lid.
he is rebelling crazy i know get a crate and put him in it when ever you leave
While your son is wearing them? Dogs like things that have a strong smell. Pick up the diapers and dispose of them into a container that is dog proof. Some dog behavior problems are easily solve by avoidance.
throw the diapers outside in the gargage can.
My dog is a HUGE dumpster diver, too! I have a cannister trash can in the kitchen with a very heavy lid, and we HAVE to step on the pedal to raise it, it's difficult for us to even open it with our hands...so that keeps him out of the kitchen.

I no longer keep trash cans in the bedrooms, Zuke loves to chew on used tissues...gross, I know, but I can't seem to break him of that. The bathroom...that's a big problem because Zuke loves to lay in the bathtub, but he also loves to chew up the roll of toilet paper. So, I keep the trash can under the sink, and the roll of toilet paper up high on a shelf...it's a pain, but I'm willing to accommodate him since we've tried everything to get him to stop.

My dog also likes to lick dirty clothing, and not just socks and underwear...some dogs just like such things :) I'd just make sure to keep it all out of his reach :)

No comments:

Post a Comment