Monday, May 24, 2010

I need help!?

today i found all these little white worms carwling on my floor. anfd i found out that they were coming from the dog bowl area. i checked the dog foor and they were in it. i have a big dog food container and baby worms were in it too! what are they? i hope my dogs will be okay. does anyone know what they are?
Answers:
They are probably maggots or some kind of insect larva. Your dog should be fine. I would get rid of the food if they are in it. You also should see your vet. Make sure your dog has been wormed. I doubt these are dog parasites, but you might as well get it checked out.
I'm not sure, but you might want to check the bags of food you bought. Make sure you get rid of all the worms, so your dog doesn't eat them. I would take your dog to the vet with a sample of the worms and tell them about it. I hope it won't be serious. Good luck, and may he or she be healthy.
They are most likely maggots. I suggest you throw out the dog food and take your dog to the vet just in case although she will most likely be fine because they are only worms. Like those moths that eat wool. You can also find them in Bran and Oatmeal.
Sounds like maggots, not worms. Would you eat food with worms or maggots in it? Throw the bag out and maybe take your dog to the vet and have it checked out.
meal worms im preety sure your dog will be ok they feed them to turtles
Hi there, if they are maggots, what are they doing in the dogs food? Did it get sold this way?

If the worms or whatever got in, you need to get rid of them, how, I am not sure.

maybe disguard the food, then clean everything, just wath your doog stools for worm and such, i they are not filled with worms or anything like that and ae mormal with nothing in them but regular feecies, then that is good.
Your bag of food was contaminated by fly maggots. Probably were when you got the food. Bring it back to the place you got it. They didn't store it very well. I had this happen to me too when I bought a big box of dog bones. I almost gaged when I opened the box. Never went back to that feed store again.
the are probably meal worms.wont hurt the dogs..they may find them tastey.hi in protein. they may have came in the food when you bought it.ive actually found them in cereal...gross.
Discard the food and take your dog to the vet maggots will eat your dogs insides.Take a sample to the vet asap.
They could be maggets, fly babies. TO keep them out it is really important to keep the dog dish CLEAN. Flies like to lay eggs on stale or fermented food.
I believe they are maggots, but really it takes some time for fly larvae to appear. Is the dog food wet or dry and how long did you have it sitting out? I never knew maggots could be in fresh dry food. I thought it was spoiled food. My elderly auntie thought she was "Treating" my dog and she gave him a bag full of table scraps she had been keeping for awhile. When went to feed him I saw the "treat" and the maggots. My dog was fine.
Throw that stuff out, be sure to take your dog to the vet!, and from now on buy QUALITY dog food (not that garbage) and in smaller bags. Don't try to economize by buying large quantitities of dog food -- if it gets too old it not only loses its nutrition, but as you have seen, can actually become dangerous.
maggots

No comments:

Post a Comment