Friday, May 21, 2010

I love my Schnauzer?

My Schnauzer cannot PEE. I took him to a vet today who chagred me $235.00 . He took an xray and said he was blocked and needed an operation. The cost will be over $1500.00 and I do not have the money to do this althought the Dr. will take payments that I still cannot afford. I'm new to the borad and do not know how to use many of it's features. I want EVERYONE to know I LOVE my PET and I'm besides my self and only was looking for someone who can tell me how long before I should put him down! THE VET wants to operate not put him down ! They will not disscuss putting him down only and operation which I cannot afford.
Answers:
That's what we are TRYING to tell you.DON'T have him put down ! Either FIND any way to afford it, or find a rescue group to take him so he DOESN'T suffer ANY longer...
PLEASE !!
See if the vet will take token payments til your next tax check, if he cannot pee he will die a painful death, so whatever you do do it quickly, get a second opinion just to be sure((hug))
You may want to make a peyment plan w/ your vet so you can pay it off...Good Luck and you dont want him to be in pain do you???
?????????...
I don't get it???????...
If you truly LOVE the dog then turn him over to breed specific rescue who will pay for his necessary surgery. He will not suffer and he will continue to live.
Please have the operation performed, it is exspensive but how would you feel if you could not pee? I just had to spend 1700+ to find out that my dog had cancer then she died a week later,but I would do it again
You've found the first problem with owning a dog.Exorbitant VET Fees. They are now ALL looking to "upsell" and "cross-sell" each and every customer who comes their way. I just put it straight back on them - The last time I asked for some heartworm tablets, and I was recommended to purchase the tablets which ALSO contained a "flea control" element (for a magnificently increased price, might I add). I told the Vet that I didn't need any flea control because my dogs didn't have fleas. He insisted that ALL dogs have fleas, so I told him that he was free to examine either of my dogs and if he found one single flea on them, he could double his fee. He declined the offer.

Your dog probably has a simple urinary tract infection, which can usually be fixed by a program of antibiotics.it is not necessarily an operation.I would go and get a 2nd opinion, and try a course of tablets FIRST. Hope your dog gets better!

p.s. I'm NOT biased or anything, but there are only TWO types of dogs..German Shepherds, and the rest.
My heart goes out to you...Let me tell you, you have a wonderful vet to even consider payments. Most vets and animal emergency animal hospitals don't even give that option. I know what you're going through. We just lost our 12yrs cat who needed emergency attention and before they even worked on him they wanted some sort of payment and a signed form stating we would pay when services rendered. He needed surgery that and a stay which ran right around $1700. We signed and we lost him any way. We don't have the money either. But, now.. they will accept payment. If he's so adamant about not operating...maybe he'll go the distance for you and give you a heck of a deal. Maybe they're are some options like others donating for you. Ask him.. sounds like he may know something we don't. I wish you the best. My answer may not have been what you were looking for but I hope it gives you some options. My thought are with you.
In many major cities, there are vet clinics that are volunteer non-profit, which means, you only pay for the actual surgery (for example, the anesthesia, scalpels, suction tubing, etc.), not the vet's time or the assistants' time or the multiple other inane charges. You could have the surgery at only a fraction of the cost. The down side is some of the vets are new or retired who help at these clinics. I know in St. Louis there are 3 such clinics, and in Denver there are 2, the humane society in your area may know of such clinics in your area, it is worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment