Monday, May 24, 2010

I need help naming my dachsund puppy!?

I have two new puppies (brothers). They are both males and half dachsund half chihuahua. One is a dark brown (brewski) and the pup I haven't named is just a tad lighter. I already know I'm going to name one Brewski but I need a name for the other one and I can't think of any. Preferrably something that goes well with Brewski but won't confuse the pups. Any suggestions will be much appreciated!
Answers:
For a boy I would name him "Tommy", "Jack", "John"/"Jonathan"/"Johnny", "Prince",
"Paris", "Eric", "Colin", "Rex", "Phil"/ "Phillip", "Max",
"Frank"/ "Frankie", "Lucas", "Eddie", "Dominic","Troy",
"Sonny", "Alex", "Jeffrey"/ "Jeff", "Rocky", "Blake", "Rufus",
"Chad", "Carlo", "Richie", "Mike"/ "Michael"/"Mikey",
"Brian", "David", "Shawn"/"Sean", "Taylor", "Alexis",
"Jake", "Reese", "Zach"/ "Zachary", "Big Boy", "Giovanni/
"Gio", "Josh" / "Joshua", "James", "Prince", "Freddie",
"Dan", "Rocco", "Bo/"Beau", "Toby", "Joseph"/"Joey",
"Spike", "Buddy", "Brandon" or "Anthony"/"Tony".

But whatever name you would like to use as a
unique name for your puppy(ies) I have advice on
picking an appropriate one even if you don't like the following. Most dog owners like to
name their dogs in comparison to its looks
or personality (e.g. the popular "Fido" is
derived from a Latin word meaning loyal,
Belle is derived from a latin root meaning
beauty or beautiful). Also it is highly
recommended that you choose a two-syllable
name that doesn't interfere with the
pronunciation of a command (e.g. "Lila"
or "Lyle" sounds a lot like the commands
"lie"/"lie down" and Mister Guildenstern
is a big no-no). In that way, your dog will
understand the difference between its name
and a command and it will realize its name
faster (even if you change it). I highly recommend
not to change a dog's name but if you insist,
using my advice will continue to work.
Guiness
Henessey
Jagger
Remy=Remy Martin is a type of cognac
Bama=for the albama slammer drink
Toddy=hot toddy
Boozer
Hootch
Alex=brandy alexander
Boon=boonnoonnoonoos/spanish coffee
shooter
Sausage
Corona
Smirnoff
Tequila
How bout Rusky?
Apparently Rusky is russian for Brewski.
Or VJ.
VJ is the name of a singer VJ Brewski.
Lager, as in Boston. - A lighter beer
Foster - austrailian for dog
You could call him Gyp, Beau, or Saski (similar to Brewski but wouldn't get confused with that name) I think that Saski and Brewski sound just wonderful.
Nelson, Gordon, Shakespear, Edgar,

No comments:

Post a Comment