Monday, May 24, 2010

I need help about my dogs?

I am registering my 2 dogs with the missing pets bureau (petback), I have been told that I can register them both for life for 拢99 and register the 5 pups I have for the new owners for free for the first year, just wondering if anybody has their pet registered with them and how good they are, don't fancy paying all that money if when the time comes that I need them, they are not there to help, thankyou
Answers:
hi my cocker is registered with the missing pets bureau,i paid 拢99 for life coverage,yes dna is done,they give you a special green tag with a contact number to put on your dogs collar in case it gets lost/nicked,they teell you not to put your name address on the dog as it encourages people to burgle you or hold your dog to ransome.not had to contact them yet(luckily).
Good luck. I don't know about this, But I did have a Sharpei with a chip in it and it was stolen 4 years ago. I still haven't heard anything about her.

The chip didn't help return her because no one knows that she has it I guess.

Good luck again and I hope that it works out for you.
Never heard of this, but why not just have the dogs microchipped?
do not waste your money, spend it on extra security measures if you are worried.
well, get new dogs and move on. dogs come and go. that's the risk and we knew about it. a dog lover like you still have many love to give to other. good luck
as your dogs are chipped then if they get out the first thing done with a dog that is picked up is to check for the chip and you are contacted so can collect your dogs if they are stolen and found the same thing applies Both my dogs are chipped and i don't no anybody who has joined one of these company's
I've never heard of this agency, the best person to ask will be your vet and local RSPCA and police. So check with them, where do they search/contact when they pick up a stray? If they don't use this agency, save your cash and have your pets chipped and remember to always keep a collar and dog tag on them.
Its true that thieves will take it off; but that doesn't mean its a waste of time. If they're picked up as strays it shows they're owned. If they're stolen its unlikely that the chip will ever be found, the thieves aren't daft enough to have them scanned.
for extra security get your dogs ears tattooed wilsons pet supplies can arrange it and its not expensive ive had both my dogs chipped and tattooed
Mine is registered with them because of all the dog thefts recently, and they're on the increase. I think it's worth it for lifetime cover.
It is worth it with petback they take your dogs dna so if its ever stolen they know its yours and it stands up in a court of law,ring and chat with them, there very good ,got all 3 of mine registered with them, they offer alot,if your dogs stolen they inform police,kennels,offer rewards,and posters for you to put up around your area.but at the end of the day the choice is yours...
my vet knows nothing about this pet bureau

No comments:

Post a Comment