Friday, May 21, 2010

I miss my dog so much, what should i do??

I'm going on vacation and my dog was left at my friends house, but once i was half way across the street to get to my car and drive home. I started crying. and right now, i'm still crying!
Answers:
A person suffering from separation anxiety...
As soon as you reach your destination call your friend and check on him. Request a picture if you and they have camera phones.
I know this is hard for you, but it can actually be a good thing. It is not good for your pet to suffer from separation anxiety, and the same goes for you. Stress can be a killer, for either of you. Try to be strong, remember, you are the parent here, and you have to set the example.
I know what you are going thru, every parent does when their child attends their first day of kindergarten, get's their driver's license or leaves for college.
find something to entertain you until you get your dog back.
can,t you pick him up and take your dog with you. or phone your friend and taslk to your furry friend pets or family too.
That's so sad, you must love your dog so much! Go on your vacation and enjoy yourself, your Dog will be happy and in good hands and will be there for you when you get back.
I feel very bad for you and that comes from the heart too. We lost our cat about 2 months ago thatnks to walmarts pet food recall.he was a part of our family and I miss him very much, I still cry and here I go again. It's not easy to go through, you just have to make peace with it even though it's not acceptable. Good luck
It's called "separation anxiety" by the "shrinks," and natural when pet and companion bond like you two have done. Am sure you placed your BFF with someone you trust, so enjoy your vacation and don't think any less of yourself because you care.
Take a picture of the dog with you. Every night call your friend and check on the dog. That should make you fell better. Remeber your dog is in good hands.
I know the feeling. It is very difficult for me to travel without some of my favorite dogs tagging along. We make reservations at Hotels/Motels that accept pets and take ours along.
You dropped your dog off their for a reason-you can't take it with you. So you need to relize that you have no other option than to leave your dog somewhere and you said you left it at your friiends house so they are probably someone youcould trust so the dog will be in good hands. Just remeber that leaving the dog at your friends house is better than in its cage the whole time and find something to do to take your mind off your dog.
stop crying, your dog is in good hands,when you return you will see that the dog missed you, enjoy your vacation.
you shouldn't do anything, but go on vacation. Have a bit of a cry and just realize your dog will be fine and you'll be fine. I've been there many times over the years, and it's ok to be sad, but don't let it ruin your vacation.
I went on vacation a few months ago and it was my first time away from my dog since I got her. I was thinking about her all the time and brought some pictures of her to keep right by the hotel bed! I called the friends she stayed with several times to check on her and they were very patient with me.

When I first found out about the opportunity to go on this trip, I almost didn't go because of leaving her, but my boyfriend reminded me of something that made a lot of sense, that I got her to enhance my life and not to hold me back from having good experiences. Your dog is supposed to be your companion and someone who enriches your life, not a shackle to tie you to your home. You have surely found someone responsible to care for your dog while you are gone, and there's nothing to feel guilty about at all.

She did very well at my friends' house and had lots of love and attention there. It was probably good for her too to learn to be with other people and in different surroundings.

Of course, we were both very happy to see each other when I got back!

Have fun on vacation and enjoy, and know that it will also feel good to be home and see your dog again!
Take your dog with you on the trip.
That happened to me the first time that I left my dog somewhere too. But dont worry - be happy! You are on vacation! Call your friend and check on your dog see if you can hear him barking or something. Relax. Think of it this way you are trying to relieve your self of your tensions so that you can be an EVEN better and more patient owner. If you set your mind to think that a few days of relaxtion will be healthy for you and your dog then that is exactly what will happen. Think of your dog being on vacation too. He misses you too - I'm sure! But imagine your dog running around, exploring finding new things! Imagine him having as much fun as you would be having if you were tanning and sipping lemonade in the shade of a palm tree on a sunny beach! The more positive thoughts that you put in your mind the more positive feelings you will experience. I went through the exact same thing. This is how I got through it. One night of sobbing I just looked at the window and imaged Jay (my dog) having a great time and wishing that I was having a great time, too! That was that I was determined to have fun because my baby dog WANTED me to have fun. He wanted me there with him but not before I got a chance to have a great time! Good Luck and Feel Better!

1 comment:

  1. I know how it feels to miss your dog. It may be that you're worried about him, seeing as he's at a friend's home. I would suggest next time you try leaving him at a kennel. Kennels are known for being safer and more reliable for your pet. You'll also worry less about him, so that would be good for you! http://www.springfieldkennels.com

    ReplyDelete