Sunday, August 2, 2009

I know it's silly to waste a question on this but I REALLY want to know...?

How come so many people in the Pet section of this website ask questions on here when their dog is vomiting blood or having a seizure instead of going to the vet?? Sometimes I think this website may have been the worst thing that could have happened for situations like this! 9/10 of the "answers" that I (and most other people) give to any questions in the cat/dog area at least is TAKE IT TO A VET! I mean, I realize it could be expensive, but really...it's common sense! If your child were throwing up blood, would you say "Oh, it's too expensive, I can't take her to the hospital, I'll ask them what to do on Yahoo!" Sorry...but does this bother anyone else as much as it does me? Just take the darn thing to a vet already! And if I read one more question that ends with "And don't say take it to a vet I want the real answer" I'm going to scream!
Answers:
I agree. It is the same with most of the other sections.

Automotive, for instance:
"My car starts on fire every time I start it. I have no mechanical aptitude, but how do I fix it? DONT TELL ME TO TAKE IT TO THE MECHANIC!"

Or In Psychology:
"What should I do? I hear voices and want to kill myself!"

Gee, professor, maybe you should get some professional help and not ask a group of 15 year olds (who can't be bothered to do a simple google search the majority of the time) on the internet.

Wow, you made me rant. *blushes*
It's because people are inherently stupid. You make a good point.
Wow yeah I haven't run into any of those questions, but that would be annoying. Seriously, people can be crazy sometimes. :/
One thing about animals THEY ARE NOT CHILDREN!
I will take my child to the doctor way before I take my critter in.You would have to sit and think which you would take to the doctor first?? I was agreeing with you until you made this statement!!
I so totally agree with you.
I know, I think the same thing. In the last three days, I've probably said five times, TAKE IT TO THE VET NOW!

People letting animals breed freely, asking questions that your vet should be answering,etc. Those bug me, but atleast they are turning somewhere for the answers instead of just letting the problem go untreated, and I do think some of the time, they get the hint and take the cat or dog to the vet.

Nobody should say they cant afford to take their animal to the vet, if you cant afford to take care of an animal, you shouldnt have it as a pet! Asking about behavioral things, and stuff like that, I understand but if you are saying HELP, or QUICK then you know you dont need to be asking, you need to be sitting at the vets office, and people there is ALWAYS a vet open,somewhere near you,even in the middle of the night. :)
My cat slammed his paw in a window and I took him at 3am to an emergency vet, had to drive 20 miles out, but there is always a place open for emergencies.
Because the vast majority of people are incredibly stupid.
I agree completely.

The only things that's worse are the people who answer these questions with "My dog did that once too, it will be fine".or other completely ignorant answers.
My child is throwing up blood now, and I see no problem with surfing the web while she is in pain. Is that wrong?!!
Oh, people with that kind of attitude with their dogs make me crazy, and so many people do that here.
I am also sick of the breeding questions. If you have to ask when you should breed you dog, you don't know enough to do it, so go get it fixed already!!!
And the people that get mad when you just point out the truth make me never want to come back here.
Someone reported my answer as abusive when I dared suggest that not taking your dog to the vet was abusive when they are suffering from painful mange, yet they could afford their internet bill!! How dare I say that! But, I'm the abusive one. Who's dog is in pain while they are in on their computer?!!! Not me!!
Whewww, that was a tirade. Sorry.
Yes, I agree with you, it is VERY annoying.
If your pet is injured. TAKE IT TO THE VET or an emergency 24 hour pet clinic. Do not wait. Do not go to yahoo looking for an easy fix.

This animal put its existance in your hands. You are responsible for its LIFE.

You can't put a value on life. You can't put a value on friendship and trust...the things this animal has given to you.

Vets have options for people short on money. NEVER let money come in the way of treatment for an injured animal. If you can't afford payment plans, in many cases you can sign the animal over to an org like ASPCA who will cover the cost of treatment.

WIthholding treatment of a sick animal IS animal abuse, and you CAN be charged with cruelty in many states.

So... for crying out loud... just take the poor thing to a vet. >_%26lt;

PS. if you have a perfectly healthy animal in your home but KNOW you cant afford to take it to a vet, should it get sick...then YOU SHOULD NOT BE HAVING PETS. Duh.
I agree with you. If people are going to be pet owners, they need to be responsible pet owners and if their pets are ill, they need to take them to the vet. I too hate it when they end their question with "don't tell me to take the dog/cat to the vet". I can understand someone wanting to ask questions about house breaking, obedience training, what type of food to feed their pet, etc. but to ask questions about obviously ill pets...this is not the place.
Well, I too get upset when I see some of these questions, but... let's not be so quick to judge.

Some people are uneasy because their pets don't speak, and can't tell them how they really feel, and they hope that by connecting with people out here they might be given some ideas. Most human mothers have at least one funny story about taking their brand new baby to the doctor to be told it was something stupid like the hiccups. Maybe some people don't have money to spend on getting their animal's hiccups treated, so they want some ideas first.

I also think many, many of these questions come from young people who aren't able to take their animals to the vet's, or whose parents are about to the the animals to get help but who are terribly nervous, understandably upset, feel extremely powerless, and are looking for answers. Some just need reassurance, or to know someone else has been there.

To be fair, although i also agree that "vomiting blood" requires emergency attention, I've read many "TAKE THE ANIMAL TO THE VET" when the problem described in the question really didn't warrant that kind of extreme reaction.

Some people really are ignorant, or stupid. Does that mean they don't deserve help, or advice? If that's how you feel, then don't bother answering, that's all.
Many people agree with you, this question has been posted lots of times, including by me!

It bothers me very much, it's the reason I registered with Yahoo, to try to talk some sense into people!

Chalice
Good point-it irritates me too. Hey people!! When you are throwing up blood-maybe instead of going to hospital someone should make you wait and suffer and ask questions on the PetQnA.com page.

People need to analyze any pet medical problems like this-If it were me-what would I do? If the answer is "Go to the hospital. Then for God's sake take your pet to vet-don't waste precious time waiting for answers!!
I often read questions on here where i too write "take it to the vet". I then sit and ponder if it is some idiot just posting to wind animal lovers up.
I agree if you can't afford to take an animal to the vet dog/cat/rabbit whatever it be then don't have a pet.. and if your considering a pet take out pet Insurance!!
You have an excellent point..i have seen some really stupid questions of people asking what to do for their animal when they are bleeding all over the place or crying as though they are in serious pain..Common sense tells you to call or take them to the vet

Good question!
i totally agree
Aw,honey...people here are IGNORANT *%26* STUPID! Not to mention LAZY %26 CHEAP!
There are also a bunch of SISSIES,who rush off to vet,SCREAMING over a bleeding TOENAIL!!-LMAO!

Ignorance is CURABLE but the vast majority will actually FIGHT you to KEEP their IDIOCY intact.
All you can do is keep DOPE-SLAPPING the morons %26 hoping you can save ONE animal from them...ONE dog at a time.

Do NOT let the morons win...there are more of them but natural selection MUST prevail %26 they WILL die off...eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment