Sunday, August 2, 2009

I just saw a dog at the local APL?

I really wanted to adopt her and she did well with my children and me. A lady came out and checked out my house and yard and said she would email me the application but I have not heard anything. Does anyone know what may cause her not to want me to have this dog?

I have a completely fenced in back yard. There is pleanty of space for the dog to run back there. I love to walk as it is and she would go with me. We have a nice size house. I'm just curious as to what may have caused her not to send the information to me so that I could get this dog.

I am going to call her but just wanted some advice from here.
Answers:
It sounds to me like you'd make an ideal home for a dog! Call her back and ask why you haven't heard anything. Good luck getting the dog you wanted, but if you don't, keep on trying! There's lots of dogs out there desperately in need of good homes!
I'd call back also. I hope you do get the dog. Just a thought since I can't think of another reason, were the children behaving while she was there?
How long ago was it? Sometimes these things take time. The only way to know for sure is to ask her. There are also more considerations that just the physical environment. How much experience do you have with dogs? How old are your children? Where was the dog going to sleep? Does the dog you are looking at have health issues that you may not have been able to deal with? Good luck.
possibly other dogs or doors that maybe are like messed up, or you have way too much things lying around that could be harmful to your dogs health that it could eat smell or choke on. For instance, plastic bags, non dog food crumbs, pillows with foam beads in them, wires, or she has a busy schedule and is going to call or email soon. There is no reason why they should not reply unless something happened to her computer or she hasnt decided or you didnt recieve the message i would suggest calling
i have a feeling that she is perfectly fine with your family and your setup, but just has not had time to email you the application. Give it some time. Buying a dog should be no rush. Give a week or two and if she still does not call, go back to the APL and ask her whats going on.
From what you're saying it seems like the whole inspection posses went well. Those things do take time. Also the lady is probably busy, most likely she has to inspect other houses and try to place other dogs and do things like that.


If I were you, I wouldn't worry so much and just call her and find out. I hope that you get your dog!
Maybe she already found a home for it or it possibly doesn't get along with cats. I would call back now because you never know what people are thinking until you talk to them. This sounds like a perfect environment for a pet and it seems that it will be loved and cared for.. I hope you get it
Call her back. Maybe she got the e-mail address wrong and is sitting there wondering why she has not heard from you. Also, did you check you spam folder? Maybe it got shipped over there accidentally/automatically. Good luck, and hopefully you get her! Sounds like you would make a good dog mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment